Your smile is one of the first things people notice about you, and can be a big part of your first impression. If you don’t like your smile, you might cover it behind your hand, keep your mouth closed, when you smile, or avoid social situations for fear of embarrassment. If you’ve always wanted straighter teeth but have thought traditional orthodontics were a deal breaker, then Invisalign is right for you.
Whether you’re an adult that’s considering getting braces to improve your career prospects or you have a teenager that’s concerned about their school and prom pictures, Invisalign® clear aligners are an appealing alternative for many reasons. In addition to their low visibility, Invisalign® has many benefits including:
- Easy cleaning: Invisalign® aligners are much less of a hassle than traditional braces due to their convenient design. They can be easily removed for cleaning, brushing, and flossing.
- Low maintenance: Avoid having to make frequent trips to the dentist for painful tightening procedures. Invisalign® treatments only require you to visit your dentist once every four to six weeks for an anxiety-free appointment.
- Straighter teeth: Invisalign® aligners offer almost exactly the same benefits as traditional braces and treat a variety of cases including crowding, spacing, overbite, underbite, and crossbite.
- Comfort: Sharp metal braces can cause irritation and pain to your teeth and gums. That’s why Invisalign® braces are made from a specially designed thermoplastic material that is extremely comfortable to wear throughout the day.
- Removable aligners: Unlike traditional braces, Invisalign® aligners are totally removable. Because of this, you can easily remove them at your convenience and eat whatever foods that you enjoy.
- If you want comfortable, practically invisible clear braces and are interested in Invisalign®, Dr. Lotay and his Winnipeg dental staff will be more than happy to get you started with the treatment process. Call us today to schedule an appointment.
How Invisalign® Works
Invisalign® is a form of clear aligners that are designed to move and straighten your teeth. They are a highly preferred alternative to traditional braces due to their practically invisible appearance and ability to be easily removed. When you choose Invisalign®, your aligners will be custom-designed to fit the specific needs of your mouth and teeth. Throughout the treatment process you will wear a series of removable trays for 22 hours a day during the period of seven to ten days at a time. Each new tray will gradually move and shift your teeth into a sequence that is designed and planned in
advance by Dr. Lotay. The amount of time that you will be required to wear your Invisalign® aligners depends on your unique situation and is determined by Dr. Lotay.